22 June, 2020
FINAL ASSAYS CONFIRM HIGH NICKEL SULPHIDE DISCOVERY AT CORCEL PROJECT
Eurobattery Minerals AB (Nordic Growth Market: "BAT"; “the Company”) a growth company in the mining and exploration industry with the vision to help Europe become self-sufficient in ethical battery minerals, today announces the final results for sulphide mineral tests at the nickel, cobalt, copper Castriz prospect in Galicia, northwest Spain. In the larger Corcel project, Castriz is one of three primary prospects together with Monte Mayor and Monte Castello. Key points:
Samples are currently being analysed at SGS’s Canadian facilities for more detailed mineralogy studies and QEMSCAN analysis to determine sulphide species and mineral liberation characteristics. The results of these studies will be used in assessing the economics of potential development scenarios at Castriz.
For further information, please contact:
Roberto García Martínez, CEO
This information is the sort of information that the company is obliged to disclose under the EU market abuse regulation. The information was submitted by the above contact person for publication on 22 June 2020 at 08:00 CEST.
About Eurobattery Minerals
Eurobattery Minerals is a mining and prospecting company focused on battery minerals such as nickel, cobalt, copper and rare earth elements. Business activities and operations are conducted exclusively in Europe with a focus on Finland, Spain and Sweden. The Company has one mining licence and eight exploration licences. The headquarters are located in Stockholm.
Augment Partners AB, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +46 8 505 651 72, is the company’s Mentor.
 ALS Global is the leading full-service provider of analytical geochemistry services to the global mining industry.
- Final assay results received from nickel sulphide (Ni•S) assays on mineralised samples from recent drilling at the Castriz prospect in northwest Spain confirm significant nickel sulphide discovery at Castriz.
- Analytical methods that detect nickel sourced from sulphide minerals has shown that 75% to 85% of the total nickel from the main mineralised intervals previously reported is from sulphide minerals.
Assay highlights include:
- 21m @ 0.26% Ni•S from 78m and 12m @ 0.41% Ni•S from 129m, including 3m @ 0.64% Ni•S from 132m (19DD0001)
- 24.5m @ 0.26% Ni•S from 14.5m, including 12.5m @ 0.31% Ni•S from 14.5m (19DD0002)
- 24.35m @ 0.31% Ni•S from 182.5m, including 9.0m @ 0.40% Ni•S from 191.5m (19DD0003)
- Nickel grades considered to be of economic grade with 0.15% Ni a common cut-off grade for open pit resources.
- Prospective area confirmed for over 700m in strike length and approximately 700m in width with mineralisation commencing at surface to vertical depth of 200m. This makes Castriz potentially amenable to low-cost, open pit bulk mining.
- Samples submitted for more detailed mineralogy studies and QEMSCAN analysis to determine sulphide species and mineral liberation characteristics.
|Hole ID||From (m)||To (m)||Int (m)||ME-ICP61||ME-ICP09||% Ni-in-|
|Ni ppm||Ni ppm||total Ni|
Latest press release
Eurobattery Minerals publishes Q1 report for 2023 – announces majority ownership of Finnish HautalampiRead press release
Continue reading about us
For questions regarding news and media, please email us at email@example.com