4 May, 2020
New test results from Corcel Project confirm high proportion of nickel sulphide
Eurobattery Minerals AB (Nordic Growth Market: “BAT”; “the Company”), a growth company in the mining and exploration industry with the vision to help Europe become self-sufficient in ethical battery minerals, today announce the preliminary results for sulphide mineral tests at the nickel, cobalt, copper Castriz prospect in Galicia, northern Spain. In the larger Corcel project, Castriz is one of three primary prospect areas together with Monte Mayor and Monte Castello. Key points:
- Preliminary results received from nickel sulphide mineral tests on mineralised samples from recent drilling at Castriz.
- Analytical methods that distinguish between nickel in sulphide minerals and nickel in non-sulphide minerals determined that on average 87% of the whole rock nickel assay previously reported is sourced from nickel sulphide minerals.
- Nickel from sulphide assay results of up to 0.64% Ni were recorded in the latest tests. Several samples contain nickel from sulphide concentrations of between 0.3-0.4% Ni which is considered to be an economic grade for low-cost, open pit mining.
- Remaining samples from previously announced mineralised intervals are to be submitted for nickel sulphide analysis. Samples have also been submitted for more detailed mineralogy studies and QEMSCAN analysis to determine sulphide species and mineral liberation characteristics.
- Castriz prospect now confirmed as a significant discovery of nickel sulphide minerals, with an extensive prospective area confirmed for over 700m in strike length and approximately 700m in width. The nickel sulphide mineralisation at Castriz commences from surface to a depth of over 200m and remains open along strike and at depth.
- Studies assessing potential mining scenarios at Castriz have commenced. Preparatory works are also underway for 2020 field activities at Castriz and the wider Corcel Project.
Latest press release
Eurobattery Minerals publishes Q1 report for 2023 – announces majority ownership of Finnish HautalampiRead press release
Continue reading about us
For questions regarding news and media, please email us at email@example.com